Chapter 7: The Rival Restaurants


As soon as we got to the Krustry Krab, all eyes were on me again and everyone dropped their patties, mouth agape. So did that grumpy-looking guy with very short, light blue hair and a big nose at the counter.
"Oh, C'ren," Bob said. "By the way, this is Ward. He's the cashier here."

"Whoa! Bob!" an older man with red hair and a blue button-up shirt said as he went out of a door at the leftmost part of the restaurant after hearing about the commotion that happened as soon as I entered the building. "Who is this beautiful girl? Is she your new girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?" Bob replied. "No, silly. This is my new friend, C'ren. By the way, C'ren, this is my boss, Eugene Krabs."

"Congratulation on your new girl, dude," another red-headed man said. Unlike Eugene, he was bigger and more muscular. He was somewhat like a beach bum.

"Larry," Bob said. :"Didn't you hear me? I said C'ren is not my girlfriend. She's just a friend of mine I met yesterday."

"Oh, by the way, Bob," Eugene said sternly. "Get back to work."

"Hello," Eugene, this time, said to me in a way that he wants to hit on me. I decided to run as fast as I can because the mere thought of him creeped the hell out of me.

I went out of the building and, because I was trying too hard to swim away from Eugene that I hardly notice where I'm going, I got straight into this other building which looked so desolate and empty.

"Hello? Where am I?" I said as I looked around and saw what seems to be a restaurant just like the Krusty Krab, only there are no customers. Just layers and layers of dust. My voice echoed through the room.
"Is somebody there?" A deep, manly voice said. "What would you like to buy?" He went out of his room. He was a short guy with green-gray hair and crimson eyes. He was wearing clothes that are the same color as his hair, perhaps to make himself look taller.

"Oh, it's you," he said. "C'ren? I heard all about you from the commotion outside. I was one of those who actually asked for an autograph from you. By the way, I'm Sheldon. As I said, do you want to buy something?"

"Uhh..." I said hesitantly as I remembered watching in the TV back in the upper land that Sheldon is a horrible chef and that his food might make me sick. "Sure, whatever."

I gave him some money so that I can really see if 'chum' is really such a horrible thing.

He gave me a stick of the stuff. It was red and gooey. It has some semblance to a krabby patty, but it's just that the patty batter has been moulded into something that looks like a popsicle stick.

As I placed the stuff into my mouth, I just wanted to spit it out. But then, even if it is horrible, I don't want to make him feel bad about his cooking, even if it is bad.,

"So, what do you think?" he asked.

"It's actually pretty good," I replied insincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment